The abstract submission process for ICCM23 will be through an online submission portal
Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. The same account will be used when you register for the conference. Please keep the email and password used to create the account for future use. Please do not create a new account. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact ICCM23@conferencepartners.com.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- All accepted presenters must submit a Full Paper or PowerPoint to be published on the International Committee on Composite Materials website www.iccm-central.org/Conferences.html
You do not need to register for the Conference prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by Friday 19 March 2021.
If you have an accepted abstract you may avail of the early bird registration rate up until Thursday 1 April 2021. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email. If you have any queries please contact ICCM23@conferencepartners.com. After this date any registrations made by you will be at the prevailing congress registration fee at time of registration/payment.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
Oral presentations will be 15 minutes long with 5 minutes for questions and answers
Combined Mini-Oral & Poster Presentation
Mini-Oral presentations will be 5 minutes long. Presenters must also produce as poster. See guidelines below.
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19 m) in portrait orientation
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is a minimum of size 16 font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure content has a logical flow
- Make effective use of colour and graphics
- Velcro will be available for you to attach your poster to the board
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take–down time will be removed and disposed of
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to a combined mini-oral and poster presentation. The presenting author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the conference themes.
01.01 Composites Design – Computational methods
01.02 Composites Design – Multi-physics modelling
01.03 Composites Design – Design and integration
01.04 Composites Design – Materials by design
01.05 Composites Design – Morphing composites
01.06 Composites Design – Multiscale modelling
01.07 Composites Design – Process modelling
01.08 Composites Design – Structural analysis and optimization
01.09 Composites Design – Structural design criteria, safety and reliability
Composite Materials & Structures
02.01 Composite Materials & Structures – Bio-inspired and biocomposites
02.02 Composite Materials & Structures – Ceramic & metal matrix composites
02.03 Composite Materials & Structures – Polymer matrix composites
02.04 Composite Materials & Structures – Fibre reinforced composites
02.05 Composite Materials & Structures – Ductile and pseudo-ductile composites
02.06 Composite Materials & Structures – Sustainable composites
02.07 Composite Materials & Structures – Nanocomposites
02.08 Composite Materials & Structures – Hybrid & metacomposites
02.09 Composite Materials & Structures – Sandwich structures and materials
02.10 Composite Materials & Structures – Smart composite materials and structures
02.11 Composite Materials & Structures – Textile-based & 3D composites
02.12 Composite Materials & Structures – Self-healing composites
02.13 Composite Materials & Structures – Multifunctional composites
Composites Manufacturing and Processing
03.01 Composites Manufacturing and Processing – Additive manufacturing
03.02 Composites Manufacturing and Processing – Advanced manufacturing and automation
03.03 Composites Manufacturing and Processing – Automated fibre & tape placement
03.04 Composites Manufacturing and Processing – Design and manufacture for multifunctionality
03.05 Composites Manufacturing and Processing – Formation of active composites
03.06 Composites Manufacturing and Processing – Liquid composites moulding
03.07 Composites Manufacturing and Processing – Machining of composites
03.08 Composites Manufacturing and Processing – Composite repair
04.01 Composites Characterisation – Properties of composites
04.02 Composites Characterisation – Durability, creep and aggressive environments
04.03 Composites Characterisation – Damage tolerance
04.04 Composites Characterisation – Crashworthiness
04.05 Composites Characterisation – Fatigue, fracture and damage
04.06 Composites Characterisation – Stain measurement techniques
04.07 Composites Characterisation – Macro-, micro-, and Nano-scale test methods
04.08 Composites Characterisation – Interfaces and interphases
04.09 Composites Characterisation – Non-destructive evaluation
04.10 Composites Characterisation – Tribology and wear
04.11 Composites Characterisation – Experimental methods for process characterization
Composites Behaviour & Life Cycle Performance
05.01 Composites Behaviour & Life Cycle Performance – Acoustic metacomposites
05.02 Composites Behaviour & Life Cycle Performance – Actuation and dynamic response
05.03 Composites Behaviour & Life Cycle Performance – Embedded sensing and self-diagnosis
05.04 Composites Behaviour & Life Cycle Performance – Mechanics of composites
05.05 Composites Behaviour & Life Cycle Performance – Composites regulations
05.06 Composites Behaviour & Life Cycle Performance – Energy harvesting and storage
05.07 Composites Behaviour & Life Cycle Performance – Recycling and sustainability
05.08 Composites Behaviour & Life Cycle Performance – Morphing structures for performance enhancement
05.09 Composites Behaviour & Life Cycle Performance – Structural health monitoring
05.10 Composites Behaviour & Life Cycle Performance – Composite and Hybrid Joints
06.01 Composites Applications – Aerospace
06.02 Composites Applications – Automotive
06.03 Composites Applications – Biomedical
06.04 Composites Applications – Civil engineering
06.05 Composites Applications – Defence
06.06 Composites Applications – Offshore and subsea
06.07 Composites Applications – Rail
06.08 Composites Applications – Renewable Energy
06.09 Composites Applications – Sporting goods
06.10 Composites Applications – Emerging Technologies & Applications
Submission Guidelines and Templates
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for ICCM23. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into the ICCM23 submission portal to submit your full paper and the Conference registration portal. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit/View Abstracts page.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact ICCM23@conferencepartners.com.
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (Oral, Mini-Oral & Poster, Poster)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract; this person must be listed as the first author)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract should be 2 A4 pages, including images, graphs etc.
- Complete questions listed in Additional Information.
- Provide a 20 word max. description of the abstract which will be listed on the conference programme/app.
- Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a PDF file for uploading to the system. Only PDF files will be accepted for upload.
Abstract Submission Template
Abstracts must be formatted using the ICCM23 template. Abstracts must be submitted in English only. Click on the button to download the template.
Review and Notification of Acceptance
All abstracts will go through a peer-review carried out by reviewers selected by the ICCM23 Programme Committee.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitter on 18 December 2020.
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by Friday 19 March 2021.
If a presenter fails to register by Friday 19 March 2021 they will be:
- removed from the programme
- removed from all ICCM23 related publications
Withdrawal Conditions & Change of Presenter
Written notice must be submitted by Friday 19 March 2021 for all withdrawals and change of presenters, contact ICCM23@conferencepartners.com.
Submission of Full Papers/PowerPoint
All accepted abstract presenters must submit a full paper or PowerPoint presentation for publication after the conference on the International Committee on Composite Materials website www.iccm-central.org/Conferences It must be submitted by Wednesday 5 May 2021. The full paper/PowerPoint will be allocated a DOI number for future reference. Further details about the full paper/PowerPoint requirements will be provided in the abstract acceptance email.
Tsai Award for Best Student Paper
This award is named in honour of Professor Stephen Tsai and is given for the best student paper presented at each ICCM conference. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible. The winner is selected from a group of finalists representing each of the ICCM World Regions. Finalists present their papers in a special session before a panel of judges. Appy via the abstract submission portal by submitting an abstract for presentation and a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s lead supervisor and a personal statement from the applicant as to why he/she should be considered for a Tsai award. Further details are available here.
To acknowledge the importance of posters to the dissemination of research outcomes, the ICCM 23 Local Organising Committee, will be hosting a Poster Prize. Selected members of the ICCM Executive committee will judge the posters and a decision to select an overall winner will be reached by consensus. The winner will receive a free ticket for the ICCM 23 banquet where they will be presented with the award and a USD250 money prize.
Terms and Conditions:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the submission guidelines outlined above.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, powerpoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website, conference app, book of abstracts, and/or International Committee on Composite Materials website and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for ICCM23.
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted authors must register by Friday 19 March 2021 to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 1 – 6 August 2021.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the ICCM23 Programme Team ICCM23@conferencepartners.com